Welcome to DEHS website!
From its early beginnings at Bournemouth University in 1995, the Defence Electronics History Society (DEHS) comprises a membership of some eminent pioneers of radar along with others who contributed to pathfinding innovations of the 20th Century.
The aim of DEHS is to contribute to the study and public awareness of the history of defence electronics leading to a better understanding of the complex world of technology and its impact in the global marketplace.
To this end, the Society provides an opportunity for military and civilian personnel to communicate and share their experiences with the rest of society through a quarterly publication, seminars and symposia.
You can join the Defence Electronics History Society and contribute to the study and public awareness of technology which is ongoing.
So far, we have devoted much of our attention to radar and radio communications during the Second World War, though this in no sense limits our interest in subject matter or period. For example, our newsletter includes articles on current and future defence electronics.
The benefits of DEHS membership include:
- our quarterly newsletter Transmission Lines – online searchable index;
- our monthly electronic newsletter eDEN [Note: only available to members having email access] – online searchable index;
- discounts on our other publications;
- discounted admission to our events
We are keen to expand our membership – see our membership page for details and to apply. Please note that our membership application forms contains a statement on our compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GRPR, 2018).
- 2018 Russell Burns Spring Lecture - The DEHS Russell Burns Spring Lecture took place on Wednesday 30 May 2018 at the Steam Museum, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EY. The DEHS was delighted that this year’s lecture was given by Prof. Simon Watts, MBE, DSc, FREng, Visiting Professor in the Dept. of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at the University College, London on …
- DEHS Autumn Symposium, October 2017 - Click the link above to find out more about our 2017 Autumn Symposium, Savage ‘Little’ Wars, took place on Friday 13 October at STEAM, Museum of the Great Western Railway, Swindon.